Friday, February 8, 2013

Review: Through the Ever Night

Through the Ever Night
Veronica Rossi
Released: January 8, 2013
Published by: HarperCollins

So I have literally waited a whole year for this book and it did not disappoint. Since today is the Snowpocalypse and we have no school, might as well catch up on my poorly neglected blog. 

Plot. I could not put this book down. I annoyed my teachers. I annoyed my friends. I have been waiting for this book forever and I freaking love it. I laughed. I cried. I screamed at it a few times. About halfway through, I found myself asking "What happened to the happiness of the first two chapters!?!" While I'm hoping a certain character is not dead (WHY!?!), the ending was fairly happy. Okay. More like bittersweet. But I am praying for a happily ever after in the final book. Please let Perry and Aria live happily ever after! 

Characters. Roar was fabulous per usual. I wanted to hug Aria while she was with the Tides and everyone was treating her like crap. I feel like Perry was way over his head being Bloodlord but he pulled through in the end, thank God! I love all of these characters so much and whenever something bad happened to them, I was like "WHY!?!?! NOT THEM!!" 

I love the reference to The Phantom of the Opera and the Paris Opera House. I was in Paris last April and I absolutely loved the Opera House. Plus, The Phantom of the Opera is my favorite play/musical ever. I have seen the 2004 movie version like a bazillion times and the reference made my day. Really wish that I could hear Aria singing it.

So I highly recommend reading Under the Never Sky and Through the Ever Night. If you want a completely unique dystopian novel, then try these two. The story is beautifully written and will draw you in from the very first page. So go out and buy these books! Perfect for today's Snowpocalypse! 

Review by Sammi
follow on Twitter:
bookworms4vt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just please keep these comments polite to others.