Saturday, November 10, 2012

Book Review: Deity

Deity
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Released: November 6, 2012
Published by: Spencer Hill Press
 
 
Description from Goodreads:
 
"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "


Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden.

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed.

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...
 
So this review is going to be short and sweet, just like all of the reviews this month. It's NaNoWriMo! And I need to desperately catch up on my 50,000 words! Balancing everything (homework, college crap, work, school) has been so hard! AAWW! How do I find time to read?
 
Wait. That was a stupid question. I always find time to read!
 
So let's just choose some gifs that show my feelings during this very emotional rollar coaster, shall we?
 
At first, I was "Get the hell out of there Seth. Nobody likes you." (Except for Buffy and Mags. But they are so crazy. Team Aiden all the way.)
 
 
During it I was like this:
 
 
And this:
 
 
And then I read the ending.
 
 
 



Wow. This book was just...Wow. I cannot wait for Apollyon. I'm glad it's not a year long wait. I think I would go crazy (More like crazier than I already am). The characters are just amazing. Love Alex. Love Aiden. Hate Seth. And the Gods are just awesome. Go Apollo! I cannot wait for my friend Katy (who called dibs on the book first) to finish it so we can discuss. Jonna is confused because she never read them before. My mom thinks I'm crazy. And Buffy starts screaming every time I begin "OH MY GODS YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED IN DEITY...". I tend to be a notorious spoiler.
 
Read the Covenant books. I'm not asking. I'm demanding. Jennifer Armentrout is an amazing writer and her stories suck you right into them. It is hard to put them down and next thing you know, it's 2 in the morning, and you are sobbing your eyes out at the horrible cliffhanger. This was the second book in two months that the ending killed me. At least it won't be a year long wait like the other one.
 
READ THESE BOOKS. You will not regret it.
 
Review by Calypso
follow on Twitter: @bookworms4vt
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just please keep these comments polite to others.