Thursday, January 31, 2013

Review: Elixir

Elixir
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Released: November 27, 2012
Published by: Spencer Hill Press
**CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM DEITY**
(Don't say that I didn't warned you)

Description from Goodreads:

Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex. 
Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for. 
Even if it means making war against the gods.

Reading this was like a punch to the gut. Reading it multiple times since the first time is just personal torture. I NEED APOLLYON NOW. Let's review before I go completely crazy. Or even crazier than I already am. 

Plot. I just love Aiden's point of view. I just love Aiden. This novella made me cry. And yell. And basically make my mom decide that she should seriously consider taking me to the loony bin. 

Also, Deacon is awesome as well. The St. Delphi boys are delicious sexy the best brothers ever.

CAN WE PLEASE FIX ALEX!?!?! KATY AND I CAME UP WITH A WONDERFUL PLAN! 

(Which involves Caleb coming back from the dead, Seth dying, and Alex and Aiden riding off happily ever after into the sunset)

Excuse me while I go cry and scream in the corner. 

Alex on the elixir?


Cass demonstrates my feelings beautifully. 

Alex all evil and connected with the stupid idiot? I mean Seth. No. I mean stupid idiot.  


Thank you, Quinn.

Now that my feelings are all miserable and upset, why do I continue reading this?

That's right. Jennifer Armentrout is an AMAZING author and even though she causes me pain, I just love her writing. 

Now how long until Apollyon? This wait is killing Katy and I. We are slowly going crazy together. At least I have my roommate in the mental ward.  

If my totally unstructured and ranting of this book makes you want go buy it, then do it. PLEASE DO IT. You shall not regret it. Well...your heart will because it will be shattered into a million pieces. But you will enjoy every single bit of it. Every. Single. Bit. 

More-like-my-thoughts-than-a-review by Sammi
follow on Twitter:
bookworm4vt




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just please keep these comments polite to others.