Sunday, December 9, 2012

Review: Opal

Opal
Jennifer L. Armentrout
To be Released: December 11, 2012
Published by: Entangled Publishing
Description from Goodreads:
 
No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.
 
Do you hear that faint, heartbroken sobbing? Just listen real closely. Can you hear it now? Good. What is that, you ask? That would be me, sobbing over the ending of Opal.
 
Wow. What an emotional rollar coaster. I laughed. I cried. I laughed again. I fell head-over-heals for the perfection of Daemon again. Then I laughed some more. Then I bawled like a baby terrified of sitting on Santa's lap (I'm in a Christmas mood...).
 
Jennifer Armentrout, you did it again. You wrote this AMAZING book filled with everything I wanted and then killed me with the ending. WHY MUST YOU KILL ME WITH THE ENDING? My heart has suffered enough!
 
I swear all authors get together for this big conference and skeme on how to kill their readers. How many books I have read the past two months that have had killer cliffhangers? It started with Mark of Athena then went downhill. So this must be the Apocalypse. Or it's the extreme book nerd version of it anyway.
 
But other than the ending, the book was perfect! I was never bored and I had to sneek read it while my aunts were shopping. I just left the store and sat in the warmth of Jace (my car), snuggled up with Alyss's kindle (because my copy is not in until Wednesday -_- ) and just read. About a hour later they returned, completely unsurprised to find me reading. But the book was just SO good. If it wasn't illegal and a complete suicidal idea, I would have probably been reading it as I was driving the hour drive to the only Barnes and Noble in Vermont. It was pretty bad when I even begged my aunt to read it aloud for moi. Yeah...Bad. (She didn't, by the way. She told me to get my nose out of the book, kindle, whatever).
 
Love Katy. Love Daemon. Love Dawson. Wish Dee was a tad bit nicer in the beginning, but she redeems herself. Ash is slowly warming up to me. Slowly. Why Carissa? And again I must ask, WHY MY ADAM? Lastly, Blake needs to go die in a hole. Or Daemon needs to torture him. Either way, Blake just needs to go. Seriously. I freaking hate that guy.
 
I cannot wait for Origin! AAWW!! I WANT THIS ONE MORE THAN APOLLYON. Funny, last week I would have never thought I would say that. Ever. BUT OH MY GOD IT IS GOING TO BE A LONG WAIT.  
 
Review by Caly
follow on Twitter:
@bookworms4vt 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just please keep these comments polite to others.