Friday, December 28, 2012

Review: Roar and Liv

Roar and Liv
Veronica Rossi
Released: October 30, 2012
Published by: Harper Collins
ebook
 
 
Description from Goodreads:
 
Before Perry and Aria, there was Roar and Liv.After a childhood spent wandering the borderlands, Roar finally feels like he has a home with the Tides. His best friend Perry is like a brother to him, and Perry's sister, Liv, is the love of his life. But Perry and Liv's unpredictable older brother, Vale, is the Blood Lord of the Tides, and he has never looked kindly on Roar and Liv's union. Normally, Roar couldn't care less about Vale's opinion. But with food running low and conditions worsening every day, Vale's leadership is more vital—and more brutal—than ever. Desperate to protect his tribe, Vale makes a decision that will shatter the life Roar knew and change the fate of the Tides forever.
 
Well. Ummm. Yeah. Reading this was like a punch right in the feels. Oh my God I loved it. I wish it would just go on forever and ever. I really hope Roar and Liv can be together. I might cry if they are not.
 
I love seeing Perry from Roar's perspective. You really did not see how badly the treatment of Vale and his father left a mark on Perry until you read this. Before you just got Aria's point of view and a little of his. But Roar is like a true brother to him, so it was nice getting his thoughts.
 
I love Liv. I hope she appears in Through the Ever Night. I hope they find her and that she is alright. When she left Roar I started to tear up. Gah. Why did she have to leave him!?!
 
Also, I read the first two chapters of Through the Ever Night. Why do I do this to myself? I WANT THAT BOOK NOW. At least the wait is not terribly long. I'm so glad I did not read this until I got my Nook on Christmas. This is going to be a long week and a half, give or take.
 
So if you love Under the Never Sky as much as I do, READ THIS. It will not disappoint. It will leave you wanting more and more and more. So buy it. Read it. Love it.
 
And yes, I am demanding you to do it.
 
Review by Calypso
Follow on Twitter:
@bookworms4vt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just please keep these comments polite to others.