Saturday, August 18, 2012

Review: Onyx

Onyx
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published by: Entangled Teen
Released: August 14, 2012
(It's so amazing, it got the cool 5 stars ☺)

Before we get on to the review, I would like to introduce my guest reviewer, my bestie, Alyss.

Me: Say hi Alyss.
Alyss: Hi Alyss.
Me: You are sarcastic like Daemon.
Alyss: I will take that compliment.

Now that she is introduced, let's get on to the review ☺

Description from Goodreads:

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies

No Cons. Basically all pros.

Me: This book was flipping fantastic.
Alyss: Indeed it is.
Me: My favorite book I have read this year.
Alyss: The year isn't over yet.

Reading the book.

Me: It did not take me long at all to read this book.
Alyss: Me neither.
Me: I was reading it during work, at home on the couch...
Alyss: I was reading it after you woke me up while you were at work.
Me: So then we just kept texting each other back and forth.
Alyss: Yup. Gooood times!

The Plot.

Me: I was not bored at all.
Alyss: It was good but it seemed like it should have ended but just kept going.
Me: I lived in that book for 4 hours of my life.
Alyss: *Laughs* I was dreaming of that book.
Me: It did seem just little dragging, especially towards the end.
Alyss: It was a false ending. I thought it was going to end but there was more pages!
Me: The ending was a semi cliffhanger, yet happy. Sort of. When does Opal come out again?

Bonus Chapter. Daemon's POV.

Me: Was the bonus chapter in the Kindle version?
Alyss: WHAT!?!?! GIMME!
Me: Guess that answers that. So I'm going solo on this one. I love being in Daemon's head. You get to see him though his thoughts and everything and not through Katy's. It's like he's a different guy in his POV. I love that because I am in love with Daemon *Looks over* She's still reading.

The Characters. The ones we love.

Me: Was it me or was Daemon just even more sexier in this book?
Alyss: There was scary protective Daemon. Hot, sexy Daemon, sensitive and caring Daemon. All of them are so great!
Me: You forgot sarcastic, angry Daemon.
Alyss: HE'S MY FAVORITE!

Me: Thoughts on Katy in this book?
Alyss: She denied those feelings for Daemon way to long. And she didn't believe his feelings. And then hot makeout sessions after fighting. I don't know. How many times did that happen?
Me: I don't know. A lot?

Me: Dee wasn't in this book like at all. I was mad.
Alyss: But Dee and Adam were together and that made me happy.
Me: Until the waterworks began.
Alyss: Yes. You texted me saying you were crying. And then I was crying. Ugh.

Alyss: I like how little Ash and Andrew were in this book. Matthew was pretty cool.
Me: I still hate Ash and Andrew.

The Characters. The ones we hate.

Me: Blake should go die in a hole.
Alyss: Blake should go die in a hole. Along with Will. But I think he will be back. Doesn't make me happy, but...
Me: She tarnished the wonders of the name Will!

Random other things.

Me: I stalked the UPS guy as I waited for this book to show up.
Alyss: But you were a horrible stalker because you missed him!
Me: I WAS WATCHING MULAN!!
Alyss: No excuse.
Me: He hid the book on me! I was playing hide and go seek with Onyx. Not happy at all.

Alyss: I finished reading Onyx in K-Mart.
Me: I was home. Alone. Wondering what to do next with my life.  

Me: The cover was prettiful.

*MINOR SPOILERS*

Alyss: Bethany and Dawson. (Note from Caly: Alyss just said a lot of words and I cannot type fast enough)
Me: I hate how Bethany is crazy! And Dawson...WHY MY DAWSON??
Alyss: He's an empty hole.
Me: *Sniffle* I want them to be okay. I freaking love those two.
Alyss: I think there is going to be some issues. It's going to strain Katy and Daemon's relationship. Blah Blah. Other words.
Me: You suck the happiness out of my life.
Alyss: That's why I'm your best friend!
Me: Poo face.
Alyss: Love you too.
Me: *Gets up and leaves room* WHAT DO YOU AND MAGNUS MAKE ME SAD! HAPPY STUFF GUYS! HAPPY STUFF!

*END OF SPOILERS*

Me: So yeah. This book is AMAZING.
Alyss: Totally amazing. Go read it now.
Me: Demanding!
Alyss: But you need to read the first one first, otherwise...you may be confused.
Me: Confusion does suck.


Review by Caly with the lovely aid of Alyss





No comments:

Post a Comment

Just please keep these comments polite to others.